Non Immigrant Visas, are temporary visas that allow you to enter the United States temporarily. These visas are required to be renewed or extended and any overstays begin the accumulation of unlawful presence. Non-Immigrant Visas include:

E1- E2 – E3 – The E visa category includes treaty traders and investors who come to the United States under a treaty of commerce and navigation between the United States and the country of which they are a citizen or national.

K1, K2, K3, K4 – Alien Fiancé

Fiancé(e) (K-1) and their children (K-2) to the U.S. so you may marry your fiancé(e); or

Spouse (K-3) and their children (K-4) to the U.S. to await the approval of a Form I-130 filed on behalf of your spouse and their children and availability of an immigrant visa.


L1AL2? L-1A Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager

The L-1A nonimmigrant classification enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. This classification also enables a foreign company that does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing one.

P1- P2- P3- Artist or Entertainer Coming to Be Part of a Culturally Unique Program

The P-1A classification allows you to come to the United States temporarily to perform as an athlete. 
P-2 Individual Performer or Part of a Group Entering to Perform Under a Reciprocal Exchange Program
P-3 Artist or Entertainer Coming to Be Part of a Culturally Unique Program

R1- R2- Nonimmigrant Religious Workers

An R-1 nonimmigrant is an a noncitizen who is coming to the United States temporarily to work at least part time (an average of at least 20 hours per week) as a minister or in a religious vocation or occupation and be employed by a:

  • Non-profit religious organization in the United States;
  • Religious organization that is authorized by a group tax exemption holder to use its group tax exemption; or
  • Non-profit organization which is affiliated with a religious denomination in the United States.

To qualify, you must have been a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the United States for at least two years immediately before filing the petition.

U Visa – Victims of Criminal Activity

The U nonimmigrant status (U visa) is set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. Congress created the U nonimmigrant visa with the passage of the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act (including the Battered Immigrant Women’s Protection Act) in October 2000. The legislation was intended to strengthen the ability of law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute cases of domestic violence, sexual assault, trafficking of noncitizens and other crimes, while also protecting victims of crimes who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse due to the crime and are willing to help law enforcement authorities in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity. The legislation also helps law enforcement agencies to better serve victims of crimes.